What’s the Latest in Beyond Good and Evil 2?
Beyond Good & Evil is actually a small but beautiful action insider tip from the distant 2003 that sadly failed commercially.
In the planned sequel, the unique universe will be transported to a huge and complex open world, still with space pirates and pig mutants. Fans are promised a shared world MMO experience and a dynamic world that we help shape with our decisions. But so far it is little more than a beautiful dream.
What is the current situation?
- The first speculation about Beyond Good Evil 2 flared up as early as 2007 and leaks were not exactly rare.
- But the official announcement didn’t come until ten years later at E3 2017.
- In 2019, Ubisoft announced a change in direction for the game.
- Since then, there has been little real news for a long time until Ubisoft sent a tweet in the form of a spaceship with the hashtag #BGE2 as a sign of life in 2021.
- A short time later, however, industry insider Tom Henderson spoke up and prophesied: The game is about to end. From the start, there was a disagreement on a creative vision, which was exacerbated by the departure of game director Michel Ancel in 2020.
- According to Henderson’s anonymous source, Beyond Good Evil 2 may be discontinued soon. Since then, fans have been waiting for an official statement from Ubisoft.
- Henderson also recently talked about a supposedly planned Ubisoft event where there could well be an official announcement about Beyond Good Evil 2.