Total War: Warhammer 3 – Issues, Bugs and Solutions
We present the solutions to the problems and errors encountered in the recently released Total War: Warhammer 3 game.
With Total War: Warhammer 3, the masterful conclusion of the Warhammer trilogy has finally been released today after a long wait.
However, the release is overshadowed by technical problems: Many players complain about crashes, poor performance and other technical problems. If you are also affected: The developers already have the first problem solutions on offer, which we will show you in this article.
Technical problems cause player anger
Shortly after the release, there were the first negative Steam reviews, which grew more and more over the course of the day: 51 percent of around 3,500 reviews are negative. If you take a look at the TW: Warhammer 3 Steam page, you will mainly read criticism of the technical condition of the game:
- Even on powerful systems there are performance issues.
- The game does not fully utilize the graphics card, CPU and memory.
- Crashes for no apparent reason.
- Bad optimization.
However, these are not the sole reason for the extremely low Steam ratings. As industry expert Daniel Ahmad explains on Twitter, there is also review bombing by Chinese players.
Total War: Warhammer 3 Issues
#1: In rare cases, the game may become unstable and crash when using Alt + Tab to switch between active windows in full screen
Solution: Switch from full screen to windowed mode or just avoid Alt + Tab while the game is open.
#2: In combat, flying monsters designed to attack monstrous ground enemies may have difficulty landing and effectively attacking their target.
Solution: Use the new “Land” button to land the flying monster near its target, then give the attack order from there.
#3: Some PCs with Windows 10 and 12th Gen Intel (Alderlake) CPUs may experience inconsistent framerates and/or stuttering.
Solution 1: Upgrade your operating system from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Solution 2: Adds an entry in the game files.
- Navigate to the game’s Scripts folder. To do this, open an Explorer window and enter the following in the address bar.
- For the Steam version: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\scripts
- For the Windows Store or Gamepass version: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\GDK\scripts
- For the Epic Store version: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\EOS\scripts
- Right-click in the window and select New->Text Document
- Name this document user.script (or user.script.txt if you have set Windows to show file extensions)
- Open the user.script file and add the following lines, making sure to include all punctuation and spaces:
- HYBRID_CPUS_TREAT_ALL_CORES_UNIFORMLY true; number_of_threads 5;
- Save the file and run the game.
#4: When first launching the game in offline mode, the content of the Ogre Kingdoms DLC cannot be accessed.
Solution: Make sure you are online when you start the game for the first time. If you are offline before verifying access, you will not be able to play as an ogre.
Furthermore, the developers have announced that they already have these and other problems on their screens and are working on a first update. As soon as there is news and a possible date for a patch, we will of course let you know.