Skull & Bones: Latest Developments about the game
Skull & Bones is supposed to make pirate dreams come true: Make the world's oceans unsafe on your own ship and compete against other pirates..
Meanwhile, Skull & Bones is said to be heavily focused on its MMO and live service aspect, offering a mix of Sea of Thieves and Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag. But the game is pushing its release date like a bow wave.
What is the current situation?
- Skull Bones was also unveiled for the first time at E3 2017.
- The planned 2018 release was postponed to 2019 or 2020.
- At E3 2018 there was new gameplay to see and we were even able to play the pirate MMO.
- 2019 was followed by the announcement of a series about the game.
- The turning point suddenly came in the summer of 2020: there was talk of a restart and a stronger focus on live service and a persistent MMO world.
- Finally, industry insider Tom Henderson spoke up again in 2021 and confirmed that the development of Skull Bones 2020 should have started from scratch again. In addition, the release is still a long way off, although development is progressing well.
- At the beginning of 2022, an annual report from Ubisoft revealed that a release was planned between April 2022 and March 2023.
- An official release announcement could soon take place at a major Ubisoft event, according to a leak from Henderson.