How to delete Instagram Account in 2022 (Permanently or Deactivate)
You can easily delete or deactivate your Instagram account from your computer or iPhone and Android smartphones in this way.
Instagram, the most popular social media platform, is no longer of interest to you and you want to delete your account? Or do you want to freeze your account? In our step-by-step guide you will learn how to delete it from your profile or disable it for now.
- How to deactivate instagram account
- How to delete instagram account permanently
- Save pictures first, then delete Instagram account
- Things to consider before deleting Instagram account
How to deactivate instagram account
If you do not dare to permanently delete Instagram and lose your followers, you can first deactivate your profile and then decide whether you really want to delete it.
Disabling Instagram will keep your account for now, but hide it. Other users cannot access your profile or photos. If you ever feel like a flashing Insta world again, you can easily reactivate your Insta account and take a look at your old pictures.
The easiest way to deactivate your Instagram account is via the browser. If you absolutely want to use your mobile phone, you can do so in the application settings: First go to the help area and then disable it using the smartphone browser. To disable it on the computer, follow the instructions below;
- Go to the Instagram website to deactivate your Instagram account.
- Click the Edit Profile box. A window opens where you can set your personal data and make some settings.
- On the start page, you will find the “Deactivate my account” option at the bottom right.
- Click the link and a new browser window will open.
- In order not to offend Instagram, please indicate the reason for deactivation here. Then enter your password and click the “Temporarily Disable Account” button below to complete the process.
- Re-login to Instagram with your login credentials to reactivate your profile.
How to delete instagram account permanently
Do you want to not only deactivate but delete your profile on Instagram? Maybe you don’t enjoy Instagram anymore. We will tell you how you can permanently delete your profile on Instagram through the browser and the application.
Deleting an account via browser:
- If you really want to permanently delete your Instagram account, this link will take you there. Just click on it and wait for the page to load.
- You must now specify why you want to delete your account.
- If you are not logged in, log in with your access data in the next step.
- Then all you have to do is click the “Permanently delete my account” button – and hey presto, your career as an Insta user is over.
Caution: If you have created more than one account, be sure to delete the correct one.
Deleting an account via iPhone
Are you an Apple iPhone owner? Here are our processes:
- Open the app’s settings and select “Help“.
- Then go to “Manage Account” and tap “Delete Your Account“.
- Now select the option “Delete your account page”. If necessary, you must enter your access data and press the “Login” button.
- In the last step, you must specify why you want to delete your Instagram account.
- When done, tap Done, re-enter your password and select Permanently Delete My Account.
Caution: If you delete your Instagram account, everything is lost forever. This affects your personal settings, images, videos, stories and followers and all your likes. If you want to keep your photos, you should make a backup beforehand. If you are not sure, it is better to deactivate your Instagram account. You can always delete it later.
Deleting an account via Android phone
If you want to delete your Instagram account via the app and use an Android smartphone, read the details below carefully. We will show you the best way to do this.
- First go to the app’s settings, open the “Help” field and then the “Help field“.
- The “Help area” will now open in your smartphone’s browser. Select the three-line icon (top right) and tap “Manage Account”. Then click “Delete your account“.
- “How do I delete my account?” Open the second option that asks, scroll down a bit and open the “Delete your account” link in your smartphone’s browser.
- The link will take you directly to the website, where you will re-enter the reason for the account deletion, type your password and confirm that you want to delete your account on Instagram.
Save pictures first, then delete Instagram account
Even if you want to delete your Instagram account, you don’t need to say goodbye to your pictures. Simply request a data download from your account. It’s pretty easy to do this through the browser.
Login to your profile via browser and click on the “Profile” icon.
Go to “Edit Profile” and select the “Privacy and Security” section.
Scroll down to the Data Download tab and click Request Download.
Now enter the email address you used to register for Instagram and confirm your login with “continue”.
Enter your password and select “Request Download”.
Within 48 hours you will receive an email link where you can download your stored data as a ZIP.
Things to consider before deleting Instagram account
It takes less than five minutes to delete your Instagram account. The account can be quickly removed via settings via a browser or app.
If you’re not sure if you want to use Instagram again in the future, we recommend deactivating the account first.
Note that all your photos, videos, stories, followers and likes will be lost if you decide to delete them. In this case, therefore, we recommend that you make a backup.